15 Inspiring Authors for International Women's Day
This year we’re celebrating International Women’s Day with a list of 15 inspiring female authors and their incredible literary works, which definitely deserve to make it onto your ‘must read’ list.
Collectively these books span the last 200 years and a variety of genres, inspiring people of all ages, from small children to adults.
Many of these titles are available in print, e-book and via the Books 4 U request service at your local library, so stop by and pick up your next great read!
1. JK Rowling – Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
2. Ursula K LeGuin – Tales from Earthsea
3. Maya Angelou – I know why the Caged Bird Sings
4. Charlotte Bronte – Jane Eyre
5. Jane Austen – Pride & Prejudice
6. Enid Blyton – The Famous Five
7. Danielle Steel – Rushing Waters
8. Toni Morrison - Beloved
9. Stephanie Meyer - Twilight
10. Alice Walker – The Colour Purple
11. Suzanne Collins – The Hunger Games
12. Julia Donaldson – The Gruffalo
13. Mary Shelly - Frankenstein
14. Catherine Cookson – The Cinder Path
15. Agatha Christie – Murder on the Orient Express