In the centre of the Circle stands Tredegar Town Clock the symbolic heart of the Town.
The true estimate of the cost of the Clock is disputed, some sources quote £500, others £1,000, but it was due to the efforts of the Manager of Tredegar Ironworks, Mr R. P. Davies and his wife that it was constructed. Mr Davies agreed to pay £400 if the towns people under the leadership of his wife could raise the remainder.
Mrs Davies with the help of her sister organised a bazaar. Unfortunately, the two sisters died before the bazaar was held but the event raised the required amount.
In 1858 the design was agreed and Charles Jordan of Newport commissioned to cast it. The clock was erected in 1859 standing at 72 feet high.