It’s been 14 weeks since we closed our sports centres as part of the UK wide lockdown to protect our communities from the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.
· Abertillery is having it’s changing rooms refurbished
· Ebbw Vale is having new carpets in the 3G cages, refurbishment to its wet-side changing room and solar panels installed on the roof
Getting Ready for Re-opening
In preparation for the eventual re-opening of our venues, we will be undertaking a deep clean of all of our sports centres and preparing them to ensure that social distancing can be maintained by all our customers and staff.
We’re implementing a number of safety measures including:
· Perspex screens at reception
· Training for all staff to ensure the high levels of awareness
· PPE will be provided to all staff
· A one-way system will be implemented in all of our centres where appropriate
· Hand-sanitising stations will be provided for all customers
· New ways of working out and timetables are being developed
Taking Care of Yourselves
To help us to help you, we urge all our customers to follow the Welsh government’s guidance relating to safeguarding yourself and the wider community:
To help protect yourself and keep active:
- If you feel unwell and have the symptoms of a high fever, persistent dry cough and/or loss of taste or smell please self-isolate and contact the NHS for a test.
- Please ensure you wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds with hot water and soap or use hand sanitiser to reduce the risk of infection.
- Help prevent yourself from contracting Covid-19 and maintain good hygiene at all times ensuring you keep your hands away from your mouth, eyes and nose.
As soon as we have more details on how and when our centres will be opening safely, we will post updates on our social media channels and via our Aneurin Leisure app, which can be downloaded free from Google Play and Apple App Store.
Take care, stay safe and we hope to see you all again soon.