Free Health Checks at our Blaenau Gwent Libraries
If you’re looking for some tips and advice on healthy living for 2018 then pop along to your local library!
In partnership with our Inspire GP Referral team, all our Libraries throughout Blaenau Gwent are offering FREE health checks for visitors next week at a number of free drop in sessions:
- Brynmawr Library: Monday 15th January from 10.30am – 11.30am
- Abertillery Library: Wednesday 17th January from 11am – 12pm
- Ebbw Vale Library: Friday 19th January from 9.30am – 10.30am
- Cwm Library: Friday 19th January from 10am – 11am
- Tredegar Library: Friday 19th January from 2pm – 4pm
- Blaina Library: Friday 19th January from 2pm – 4pm
During these free sessions visitors can receive an in-depth and truly personalized health and fitness consultation, which accurately measures body composition, blood pressure, height, weight and BMI.
Our GP Referral team can then use this information to provide helpful advice and tips on how they can improve their health and well-being and even identify and set wellness goals.
In addition to these free health check sessions, both Ebbw Vale and Tredegar Libraries will also be hosting mood boosting free complimentary health taster sessions on Monday 15th January, a day that has been dubbed ‘Blue Monday’ for being the most depressing day of the year.
- Tredegar Library: Monday 15th January from 9.30am – 12.30pm (Call 01495 357869 for more info)
- Ebbw Vale Library: Monday 15th January from 2pm – 5pm (Call 01495 355055 for more info)
Visitors to the library on these days can access free taster sessions with a qualified complementary therapist ranging from a desk back massage, Indian head massage, facial reflexology and foot reflexology. Sessions are free but it is advisable to book in advance as places are limited. For more information on any of these sessions contact your local library:
Abertillery 01495 355646 • Blaina 01495 290312 • Brynmawr 01495 357743 • Cwm 01495 370454 •
Ebbw Vale 01495 355055 • Tredegar 01495 357869